Exercise was the order of the day today. (Well, as much as I've gotten recently, which is not much.)
Smacky mostly rode, which doesn't require very much effort, I must say. Except for bracing herself when we took the stroller over curbs and across the bumpy field at the park.
Gary and I stopped at Laurelhurst park for a brief jaunt and decided to walk over to Belmont for coffee. It's only about 4 or 5 blocks, and when we got there the Belmont Street Fair was in full blast. Lots of people were milling about; we quickly became overwhelmed by the masses and headed to relatively quiet Hawthorne.
Smacky enjoyed some lukewarm milk and a diaper change (enjoyed might be the wrong word for the latter activity) while Gary and I ate our way across the avenue.
Upon returning home, naps were had by all, following an unfortunate, passionate and loud screaming jag by the baby. I even stripped her and checked her for bee stings (yes, irrational, but after you've tried everything, why not try something else?) which proved fruitless. I finally got her to taste a little milk and she succumbed to the comforting and sustaining bottle, which apparently was her desire from the getgo. Lesson learned: even if baby says she's not hungry, try again, because maybe she is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment