Smacky goes to Kindercare on Wednesdays, sharing care with 8 other babies between two caregivers. I've been pretty happy with Kindercare, and so has Smacky, until their "reservation" fees started. When Aurora misses a day, they charge us half-price, even if they're closed. I suppose it makes sense since they still have to staff the center, but we missed three days last month and $160 for no services is a little steep.
So we're looking for a new provider. Maybe I'm crazy and everyone operates this way. I guess we'll see! Does anyone have any suggestions or criticisms to help our search?
So we're looking for a new provider. Maybe I'm crazy and everyone operates this way. I guess we'll see! Does anyone have any suggestions or criticisms to help our search?
UPDATE: We found out yesterday that Gary can't work at home any longer, so we need to find a facility that will care for Smacky three days a week. We're looking into the Y- any opinions on that?

1 comment:
That's why god made TWO grandmas!
I think that no-show charge is pretty common. I know. It doesn't seem fair.
Maybe a live-in nanny?
Good luck.
~~Mama Linda
Post a Comment